Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Fixing Receivables

Oh, my! I just realized that I can use the artran_history table to SOLVE the Balle problem! See, Balle's account's artran records were so complicated because of the payment-center-adjustment-going-back-and-forth issue that it would literally give me headache and nausea everytime I tried to fix it! So I fixed it once and for all by transferring the problematic records to artran_history. After all, those bills were already FULLY PAID anyway. It was just a matter of applying credits to the proper bills.

Problem solved. Brilliant workaround, eh? I thought so, too. The ledger shows up the same way. Tellers will see only the March 2007 bill on their screens when the consumer pays their bill.

Then I realized that I haven't checked the Statement of Account report. To my chagrin, it shows the unsolved data as they were (as it should)! Aaaaarrrrrgggh!!!

Oh, well, I guess I'll just have to be content in knowing that the tellers will not be seeing the confusing posts anymore. I'll just have to pray that the consumer won't ask for a Statement of Account anytime soon. I promise I'll still try to fix the transferred records.

No comments: