Wednesday, March 28, 2007

hanging iPod

Aaaarggghh!! My iPod started hanging a few weeks ago! It would hang when iTunes is copying files onto it. Several websites I found say the same thing: REPLACE THE SYNC CABLE. I tried to find one, but couldn't. The problem re-occurred a few times over the next couple of weeks and then, last Saturday, it wouldn't accept any more movie files (specifically, the latest episodes of 24 and Prison Break).

I had to be able to copy them over because I only watch these TV series episodes on my iPod, so I decided to back up my files and RESTORED the iPod, using ANOTHER PC than that which I usually use with my iPod.

I then proceeded to copy back my music and podcasts, and only the latest TV episodes. So far so good. I ruled out the cable as being the culprit.

After 2 days, the iPod had no more charge, so I recharged it using my cheap China-made wall charger bought from Compex, at home (I don't bring home my sync cable anymore). Then, at the office, the iPod started hanging again when copying files over! I started suspecting my workstation's USB extension cable/USB jack/motherboard. It's either that or the cheap wall CHARGER. But I tried it on the other PC and it worked! So now I think I'll be copying files onto the iPod using the other PC.

More on this later...

No comments: