Saturday, March 31, 2007

INFOTEXT Project

Last Thursday (March 29, 2007), our Superload trial period ended (I was wondering where the REPLY button disappeared into, HEH!).

So I researched on how to use it on Linux so I can deploy it on our server.

I followed the instructions to a TEE, but BEARERBOX would SEGFAULT after OPENING the device.

After several retries, I tried making the modemtype entry ALL CAPS, because that's how it was written on the modems entry. Surprise, surprise! Now BEARERBOX isn't SEGFAULTing! Bad news, though: it cannot get a response from the iTegno WM-1080+ GSM Modem, even if I configure it on /dev/ttyUSB0 or /dev/usb/ttyUSB0 (that's how dmesg reported it).

I tried minicom but it would just hang. I also tried installing a later kannel version than the one apt installed, but it needs a newer libxml2, which in turn needed a whole slew of updates on other dependencies. Boo-hoo-hoo!!!

Now my only option is fixing the communication problem with the GSM modem.

I'll ask on PLUG or maybe Tonton on YM.

No comments: